Q: How do I obtain a membership to the Adventure Recreation Club?
A: Visit the registration desk near the front entrance of David Braley Athletics Center to register. Memberships are $50 for McMaster students for a 12 month period and includes membership to the Outdoor Club, Climbing Club, and White Water Club. You do not need to be a student to become a member! Visit Member Information page for details.

Q: Why is there a fee of $50 for Membership?
A: The Adventure Recreation Clubs do not obtain the fee`s gathered from memberships. These fee`s are directly passed onto the Department of Athletics and Recreation. Like any other club associated with Ath&Rec and that uses its facilities we are obligated to pay $50 per club member to the Department of Athletics and Recreation. As the ARC clubs are non profit and do not have the funds to pay these fee`s from our end, we charge them directly to our members. Thus the fee`s you pay allow us to complete our obligation to the department and ensure that the clubs themselves are not burdened with the costs. That said, in order to make the membership beneficial, we offer various perks and discounts to those who become members. Please visit Member Information for more details.

Q: What is DBAC Membership?
A: DBAC membership is a gym membership at David Braley Atletics Centre, and all current mcmaster students should have it automatically. It’s not the same as McMaster Adventure Recreation Clubs membership, which is an optional annual $50 fee.)

Q: What happens if it rains on the day of the trip?
A: Unfortunately, we can not control the weather, so we just have to make the best of it! If rain is anticipated, then we will plan and prepare as best as possible before departing to reduce any problems. But please remember, rain or shine, the trip will usually still run. Make sure to bring appropriate clothing!

Q: What items do I need to take when I go on a camping trip?
A: The things you will need to take with you depend on what type of camping you want to do, the time of year and also on the activities you plan on doing. Please check our Equipment Page and customize them to fit your particular needs. Equipment like tents, backpacks, sleeping bags and rain gear may be provided. Please contact your trip leader if you need to rent/borrow equipment or if you have any specific questions or concerns, as they will always be happy to help!

Q: Where should I look for camping and outdoor gear?
A: Many places around Hamilton offer camping gear for sales. furthermore, prior to a trip, during the pre-trip meeting, participants will be given a proper packing list and the opportunity to borrow gear.

Q: How can I become an outdoor volunteer?
A: There are many national, state and local parks and other organizations that look for volunteers to help with various projects. These projects may include trail maintenance, campground host, program leaders, public awareness, project labours etc.
If you want to to help out with the Mac Adventure Recreation Clubs, please come and visit us during the office hours or give us a call at Ex. 26284 (see contact information at the bottom of this page).
Our club has different committees such as Environmental, Promotion and Social that members can get involved in.

Q: Does the MAC Outdoor Club provide transportation?
A: All trip and event prices include the cost of transportation unless otherwise indicated. When possible we try to encourage members to car-pool or use their own vehicle, which would help reduce the cost for everyone.

Q: What form of payment do you accept?
A: We (The Business Office) accept all forms of payment ranging from Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Debit, Cash and Check. For more information about registering, please visit our Registration Sectio.

Q: Do you offer any discounts?
A: If you are looking to purchase gear, your Outdoor membership also gives you 10% off at Participating Stores: Adventure Attic .

For more information relating to club trips, Leadership Opportunities, Certification Courses, Environmental Initiatives and much much more we encourage you to contact us via:


Phone: 905.525.9140 ext. 23512 or 26384

In Person: Drop by the ‘Outdoor Recreation Resource Centre’ (ORRC), located across the old squash courts in the basement of Ivor Wynne Centre – Room B108. Please email us prior to set up a meeting and time

To get to ORRC office, enter through the DBAC main doors, go down through the turnstiles and turn right towards the gym lockers. Go straight down the hallway past the locker rooms, through two doors to where the old squash courts are. The ORRC office is across from the squash courts.