– NEWSLETTER – sign up for our newsletter; email email@example.com with the subject heading ‘ subscribe’ — this is the best way to stay up-to-date on all the trips and local happenings
Also check out these resources to stay on top of all the sweet trips.
– FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/47221659549/
– FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/macoutdoor
– TWITTER: https://twitter.com/McMasterOutdoor
– FLICKR (pics): https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcmasteroutdoorclub/sets/
Trip and Membership Registration
Trips can be signed up for either in person or over the Internet. Please note, trips have limited spots, anywhere from 6 people to 20 people, so it is best to sign up as soon as you decide to go to ensure you get a spot!
In person registration
Go in person to DBAC business office, located within the Athletic Centre near the main entrance on the right.
* please note that membership registration can only be done in person
Go to; https://onlineca.activecommunities.com/macreconline/Start/Start.asp → go to ‘programs’ → ‘outdoor’ → click on ‘show course’ under the trip you wish to join → and ‘register.’ Follow the instructions to sign up (or sign up for the online registration system).
Please note; At this point users are unable to make new account for online system. If you do not already have an online account you may manually request a User ID and Pin by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, mailing address, postal code, phone number, and email and request user id and pin for online registration.
MOC trips are planned for a certain number of individuals, and upon registration sites, rentals, and permits are booked accordingly. As MOC prices its trips at cost , cancellations can cut into the budget – as we would need to pay for unused sites, permits and rentals – and lead to a loss and additional expenses which can burden the club. For this reason MOC has a strict, but fair, cancellation policy on all trips.
Trip Cancellations – by participants
If a participant must ever cancel their registration for a trip, the procedure for refunds is as follows
- Participant must email email@example.com notifying us of their desire to drop out of the trip along with the reason for doing so (no need to go into detail a general reason will suffice)
- Refunds will not be issued until post trip (in most circumstances).
- Upon completion of the trip an analysis of the budget will be conducted and the amount that will be refunded to the participant will be determined based on the net surplus in the trip budget.
- The amount refunded will be subject to a $15 DBAC cancellation fee. (this is a fee charged by DBAC, not MOC, for services rendered)
Please note that we always try our best to offer as much and as fair of a refund for cancellations as possible. In many cases, as long as the trip budget is in the green, most to all of the fee will be refunded. In some cases how ever it may not be possible to refund the individual or may be minimal at best, we thank you for your understanding regardless the situation.
Trip Cancellations – by the club
If the club must ever cancel a trip for any reason a full refund will be provided to the participant. the $15 DBAC cancellation fee will not apply in this situation.
Trip Date Changes – by participants
If the club must ever change the date of the trip for any reason an option to either change to the new date or obtain a full refund will be offered to those who had registered for the original date. The $15 DBAC cancellation fee will not apply in this situation.
For any questions or concerns or to clarify any of these policies please email; firstname.lastname@example.org